Sunday, February 24, 2013

Time's A-Passing

What? What is this?! 

Holly, what are you doing?

HOLLY - I'm attempting to force you to update my blog by shoving this screwdriver into my computer. Is it working?

Well . . . I'm updating, so . . . yes? Against all believability . . .

SOOOOO sorry for the huge, huge delay in a Wood Work update. I've just not been in the mood to play my baby-factory save in quite some time. But recent events and conversations got me thinking about the Woods, and this is the result! Fair warning, half of these screens were taken almost half a year ago so . . . yeah.



For instance, I have no idea where Holly is right now, or why she's wearing a simfu gi . . . .



Oh yes! She was invited to a formal party by her second-born son, vampire Aspen and his lovely wife, baby-mama Aisling Burton-Wood (Jessu). 

HOLLY - Son, why am I the only one here?

ASPEN - Um . . . because, uh . . . nobody loves me. :<

AISLING - Nonsense, I love you Aspen! I have twin sons that prove it, too.



Wow Aspen, that is both disturbing AND inappropriate . . . only you could manage. I had this weird glitch for a while, not quite sure what was causing it but thankfully it went away eventually.



Moving right along, Holly went out on another clubbing adventure after Aspen's sad, sad party. We spotted a grandbaby at the bar. This is Valen Wood, son of daughter Willow Wood and former baby-daddy Blaze Hespepo (Amberwaves).



Another fellow guest was baby-mama Evangeline Dixon (Writergurl97), hard at work on that arcade machine.



And lo! We also had former baby-daddy Romeo Tempest (Jojo777), cutting it up on the dance floor.



And posing for cellphone pictures from the keyboard player.

VALEN - Why is HE famous?

ROMEO - Ladies can't get enough of the berry, son. Don't hate.



ROMEO - See? See? I rest my case.

Yeah, yeah, just don't get any ideas. You've already had your shot, sir.



Holly and Romeo continued to boogie-down for the rest of the night.



And then! Suddenly, new expansions! New skin and eye defaults! New town!

If you'll remember I had recently moved the Woods to Lucky Palms, but since that's where my Pollinations are now residing I decided to move them to the brand new Aurora Skies town. Cursory inspection, it's a beautiful 'hood but maybe not ideal for a 100 BC, as it's kinda small. But we'll see how it goes, they aren't moving again for at least a little while. WAY too much hassle.



Holly got herself plopped down with all the new recipe books. I pride myself on my ability to make all the kids their favorite meals while they're in the house. =^_^=

Since it's been a while, as a reminder--the reason why we're not making any new babies just yet is because we're growing up our current crop and then Holly is going to have a no doubt completely fail  big celebratory bash to celebrate reaching the half-way mark and inviting over all her fellow baby-mamas/daddies. We're currently counting down the days until that happens, so bear with me.

NEW NOOBOOS SOON I PROMISE!



Since it HAS been quite some time, let's re-introduce our current crop of Wood children. This lovely berry teen playing in the sandbox is Pecan Wood, son of Jessu's Remedy Mars. He Loves the Outdoors (hence why he's outside), is Good, Never Nude and unfortunately a Loser.



This unfortunate soul is his identical brother, Pine Wood. Pine is an Over-Emotional, Clumsy, Grumpy Vegetarian. Also the son of Jessu's Remedy Mars, obviously.



And finally, this little gray-ghost cutie is Thyme Wood, son of Jessu's Betelgeuse Burton. So far Thyme is an Insane, Genius Loner.



And of course, what would Outta the Wood Work be without its gnomes! Nothing, that's what. XD All my gnomies made the move safe and sound. As a quick reminder, the elder gnome is Reginald. The Laundry Bear is Snuggles. The French gnome is Cosgrove. The Vampire gnome is Midnight the Dark. The teen gnome is Jarvis. And the Freezer Bunny gnome is Ralphie. And the memorials are our beloved gnomes that have come and gone, Oswald, Paxton, Antonio and Neville.



OMP, the Gnome-anity!

One of Thyme's first autonomous actions was to float over to the gnome-gathering and kick Snuggles to the face! I made him pick the poor bear back up.



And he immediately punted Ralphie! Thyme!!! What in sims' name is the matter with you?!

THYME - Gnomes are EVIL!

REGINALD - I'd punt this imaginary golfball right in your snotty little face, ghost-boy, if only I was facing the right direction . . . .



Meanwhile Pecan was enjoying himself some hydrotherapy in the new sauna.



While Pine 'played' some video games inside. They refuse to sit on the couch or living-room chairs to play games or watch TV, kind of annoying but a minor one.

As you can see, mama's still working on those recipes.



After the Gnome-pocalypse, Thyme entertained himself by . . . randomly sitting on the edge of the bathtub, just staring off into space . . . .



Pecan was still outside, having migrated to the new soccer net. He really does love him some outdoors. Unfortunately the heat isn't loving him back, I'm going to have to chase him inside soon to avoid heat-stroke or sunburn.



Seriously, Thyme!! Leave the poor gnomes alone!

JARVIS - Goodbye cruel world.



Pine went outside to chat with his twin, and then randomly decided to argue with him.

PINE - Grass SUCKS!

PECAN - Dude, bro! Chillax!



And Holly is . . . yep, still reading. Though this time she decided to do so in her bathing suit, out on the sauna. Not long after this I gave her some new tattoos, some butterflies on her chest and back. We'll see them soon. ^_^



Dinner time! Holly made the boys Ceviche. I had no idea what that was, but apparently it's 'warm.'

PECAN - *internally combusting*

THYME - . . . should I be eating this?

PINE - I don't know, I think it's pretty tasty! *NOM*



It was even dinner time for the kitties! Yes, we can't forget the Wood's resident pet, Queen Ann's Lace and her recent little boy kitten, Bigglesworth. They are far, far too precious.



While I was watching the kitties, Thyme went to go check under the bed autonomously. Apparently he found something and I didn't catch it. But what's more than that, it scared him so badly he peed himself. I almost DIED laughing. DIED. I had to take a screen cap for proof. The first and second moodlets are from the monster. The middle top is his embarrassment for having wet himself and the 4th is of course the stinky moodlet for his hygiene being tanked.

I like to think this was the gnomes, getting their revenge. Don't f*ck with the gnomes, son. Lesson learned.



THYME - Oh hey, this is Lynnwood, still giggling about Thyme peeing his pants! Eeehehehehee! I'm so clever!

LAWL, I refuse to feel guilty. You had it coming, sweetpea.



Pine decided to go home with Nigel Wood, one of Aspen and Aisling's twin vampire sons. Unfortunately he left immediately to go to his part-time job, so Pine was forced to go home anyway. Lame. :(

Luckily home is right across the street. :P



THYME - Harken to me, citizens! I now proclaim that it will be mandatory for everyone to pee themselves at least once a week!

PINE - Nice try, half-pint. You're never gonna live that down, just let it go.



Defeated, Thyme took himself outside--in the middle of a hail storm I might add--to play chess instead. Thyme? It's HAILING.

THYME - Yes, and if I was SOLID that would mean something. STFU.

. . . . well, I guess he told me, huh.



He brought home this little townie-girl from school, who's name escapes me. He was far too busy eating dinner to care much about her presence though.

GIRL - I like your house!

THYME - . . . .

PINE - Why'd you even invite her over if you aren't going to talk to her?

THYME - You think this Loner trait is just for show? Now hush, simpleton, you're ruining my ceviche.



BONUS :

Toward the end of my gameplay session, Aspen and Aisling's twins grew to young adulthood. This is the first born, Linus in all his full-grown vampire glory. He was quickly named the next Nosferatu of the town and he's already turned one of the baby-mamas, Sapphire.



And this is full-grown Nigel Wood, who was then named the town Lestat.



Jarvis eventually left the pack to hide behind the chess table and brood about his brush with death.



Midnight found herself in the as-yet empty nursery. 

MIDNIGHT - This is a baby challenge! Where are all the babies?!

All in good time, Mid.



REGINALD - And don't you come back!

SNUGGLES - Um . . . he's been gone for two days, Reg.

COSGROVE - *snore*

RALPHIE - There is a bug . . . there is a bug ON MY EAR. BUUUUUUUG!



Huey, Dewy and Hassenfeffer have returned to keep the annoying strays and wildlife off the lawn. Keep on keeping on, boys!



Ralphie soon lost the bug, and found the sauna area. He is excite.



Midnight got back in touch with her dark and gloomy persona out by the hot tub.



SNUGGLES - At last! I have found my people!

What are you talking about? Those are monkeys, you're a teddy-bear.

SNUGGLES - Nonsense! Look, we have the exact same colorings!

You . . . oh wait, you really do. Wow. Touche.



Cosgrove . . . decided to stand in the corner in Holly's bedroom. I . . . I got nothing.



REGINALD - Hey, where'd everybody go?!

Reggie is so far refusing to go anywhere. He's found his spot and he's sticking to it, gosh-darned-it.



RALPHIE - *whispering* The bug . . . it's back . . . please gawd halp.



Okay folks! Sorry again for the huge delay, let's hope there isn't a repeat performance! Stay tuned for some birthdays and more Wood-House shenanigans. Until then, happy simming!

1 comment:

  1. Aww nice to see an update :) Don't feel bad, though. I downloaded my 100 BC and Auracy founders to try and start tyem up again but it's hard to get into the mood for them. Like....at all. I'll probably just end up giving them up....we'll see. Anywho, loved the update, as always, and excited for the next one :)

    ReplyDelete